Welcome!

"There cannot be a stressful crisis next week. My schedule is already full."
~Henry Kissinger

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Water can boil but NOT be burnt!

I am intensely fascinated with culinary shows on television. God help you if you want to watch a program and there is a cupcake war on or a boss of cakes scheduled for programing at the same time. You lose that battle with the remote. I consider myself a pretty good cook. If under pressure or if I am not in my own element my cooking skills are then a bit challenged. Also, I know that I really can bake much better than I can cook.

My fascination just continues to grow and my abilities get better with time and of course I will look at everything in some sort of bazaar philosophical way. My life in learning and understanding grows and my fascination with figuring out myself as well as others gets so much easier. I am able to trust myself more, I have tweaked my behaviors and am truly able to see how we evolve as human sponges.

I was peacefully sitting at the dinning room table this morning drinking my warm caffeinated cup of heaven and my mind wandered. I went deep into a happy thought about how I am very much an adult. I thought about the certain naivety I had when I was young. For instance, there was a point in time when I was in boarding school (we all relied on Raman noodles as if they were the last food on earth) and some of my boarding school sisters had come to realize that I honestly thought that a pot of water could burn up if left on the stove too long. Yes, I truly believed this at one point in my life! Although at the time I provided a good laugh for some of my pals, I was well aware that I was totally immature and a failure in the kitchen.

Just like my evolution from embarrassing culinary confessions I have finally evolved from such naive personal ideals. I look at myself, the earth, the universe, people, animals and nature in a whole different light. It's like walking through a long tunnel but I have finally reached the opening and a field full of wonder stands before me! Hence the obsession with providing myself and my family the food of life with pure enjoyment.

Its awesome that in life, even though we can "burn" we also can continue to grow, we learn to make things better.
Live your life.
Never stop yourself from learning.
...........and don't burn the water!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment