Welcome!

"There cannot be a stressful crisis next week. My schedule is already full."
~Henry Kissinger

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bitter sweet

Like a little ray of sunshine but a devil in disguise, she introduces herself to me.  Her long braided pigtails swung like long pendulums with every bob of her head.  She was a firery little girl.  She soon would become my very best friend.  She then will grow up and have children of her own.  This little girl doesn't exist anymore, but a different version of her does. 

How can we as little kids plan out our whole lives and still remember those plans as an adult?  I remember all of my plans included every one of my childhood frends.  I remember planning the exact type of guy i would date in High School.  I remember silly plans of getting my career situated after I finished college. Then and only then would I consider marriage.  I remember planning out how, when I eventually got pregnant, I would have so much fun going shopping for baby clothes with my friends, do lunch..... What I was for sure of more than anything was that I was absolutely positive that my children would end up playing with their children.

What happened?????  Well,  I suppose now I can look back and see the actual value in the friendships I've had, even the ones I've lost or strayed from.  I see all the value in the new friendships I've made.  Life is completely different than what my expectations have shown me but in my heart of hearts I know everything happens for a reason and I am truly grateful.  I have everything I need, everyone I need and that's what matters.  I'm blessed to have a true friend and many great acquaintances!  I am blessed to be able to show love and hope I can continue to focus on spreading some sort thanks to those who are in my life, even if it's for a fleating moment.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment